Human Resources Software
Managing Staffing With Human Resources Software
Recruitment and staffing are an essential component of the human resources function at any corporation. Recruitment and staffing are ongoing tasks that require attention to detail, reporting and tracking over time. Human resources software can easily integrate recruiting and staffing functions enabling human resources professionals to categorize information, match applicants or staff members to jobs and even rank jobs in a single database. This information can then be shared with other managers.
Key Features HR Software
Most recruiting and staffing databases are compatible with other human resources software applications hence information in one can easily be combined with information from say an applicant tracking database. Here are some key features of recruiting and tracking software you should investigate prior to investing in a particularly program:
- Evaluate the programs speed. Most people want a system they can easily integrate with their current software and install in 48 hours or less if possible.
- Ease of use. You don't want to have to spend hours and hours in training if not absolutely essential. Hence a self directed or easily learned program is much more valuable than one that is complicated.
- Advanced features. A recruiting and staffing software program should allow human resources professionals to prescreen candidates, rank them, report and place them using a single system.
- Customization. You'll want a software program that allows you to customize fields and workflows so the system ultimately matches your company's procedures and practices.
- Reasonably priced. Make sure you get a system that won't break your company's budget.
More articles on human resources software
Human Resources Software - Types of Software
There are dozens of specialty HR software applications an HR professional can use to streamline processes. Employee benefits software is one example of software that small to medium size enterprises and large organizations can use to manage benefits in a time sensitive manner.
Human Resources Software - Applicant Tracking
HR software comes in many shapes and sizes. You can purchase HR software with specialized functions. One such version of human resources software includes applicant tracking software.
Human Resources Software - Resume Management
One of the most tedious tasks a human resources professional faces is resume management. For any given job posting a recruiting manager may receive 500 or more resumes that need to be sorted and evaluated.